Eating In Northern Ireland
The Head Chef and I went to Ireland in July 2023 to develop some Irish menus for our St Patty Day catering menus. And also to golf!
First off, let’s start with the first meal of the day- breakfast! The full Irish breakfast is a hearty meal that is perfect for starting your day. It typically consists of bacon, sausages, eggs, baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, and toast. Some people also choose to add black pudding or white pudding to their breakfast.
- 4 rashers of bacon (Irish back bacon is best)
- 4 sausages
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of baked beans
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 slices of bread
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the bacon and sausages in a frying pan until browned.
- Fry the eggs to your liking.
- Heat the baked beans in a saucepan.
- Grill the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Toast the bread.
- Plate up all of the ingredients and enjoy!
- For a more authentic Irish breakfast, use Irish back bacon instead of streaky bacon.
- Serve your breakfast with a cup of strong Irish tea or coffee.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding black pudding or white pudding to your breakfast. Black pudding is a sausage made with pork blood and oatmeal, while white pudding is a sausage made with pork meat, oats, and spices.
Here are some of the places we visited for meals other than breakfast.
Saint Patty’s Day Catering Menus in Northern Ireland
St. Patrick’s Day is a day to celebrate all things Irish, and what better way to do that than with a delicious meal? Here are a few catering menus from Northern Ireland that are perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration:
1. The Courtyard Restaurant
The Courtyard Restaurant in Belfast is offering a special St. Patrick’s Day catering menu that features all of your favorite Irish classics. The menu includes:
- Starter: Irish soda bread with butter and Guinness dip
- Main course: Corned beef and cabbage, colcannon, and Irish stew
- Dessert: Chocolate Guinness cake with Irish cream ice cream
2. The Yellow Door
The Yellow Door in Derry is offering a more modern take on St. Patrick’s Day catering with their menu. The menu includes:
- Starter: Scallops wrapped in bacon with black pudding and potato puree
- Main course: Irish lamb shank with Guinness gravy and champ
- Dessert: Baileys cheesecake with shamrock cookies
3. The Stables
The Stables in Armagh is offering a traditional St. Patrick’s Day catering menu with a few twists. The menu includes:
- Starter: Irish seafood chowder with Guinness bread
- Main course: Slow-cooked beef brisket with Guinness and root vegetables
- Dessert: Sticky toffee pudding with Irish whiskey sauce
No matter what your budget or taste, there is a St. Patrick’s Day catering menu in Northern Ireland that is perfect for you. So contact a caterer today and start planning your celebration!